How long from records/impressions until "brace day"?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sds4h

Re: How long from records/impressions until "brace day"?

#16 Post by sds4h »

Hey! Mine only took one week between the day of the impressions and the day I was braced! My orthodontist had my braces set up into four trays (one for each quadrant of my mouth) and then put them on in sections! It took three hours.

kellyb

#17 Post by kellyb »

i had my records/impression done on 19th Nov 2011, rcvd treatment plan 2 weeks later and brace date was 07th Jan 2012. It could have been sooner but i was having second thoughts so was sitting on my treatment plan for about 2 weeks before i contacted the ortho to let him know i wanted to go ahead, then there was the christmas and new year holidays.

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

tmroy79

#18 Post by tmroy79 »

I had impressions done on a Thursday and then got braced the following Tuesday.

marybee

#19 Post by marybee »

One week from impressions, x-rays, pictures and financial arrangements to braces. No spacers, no teeth to pull and I had my teeth cleaned 3 weeks before my ortho appointment so I was good to go. Putting the braces on took about 1 hour and they were in 2 trays and the only bad part was the etchant - yek! :FeelSick: I've had my braces on for 26 days and doing pretty well :dance:

wildpig

#20 Post by wildpig »

1 month for me. Probably because mine is thr the local ortho training program. If I ve gone with private ortho, would ve been just a few days time,

Colbrit7

#21 Post by Colbrit7 »

I had my initial consultation on 11th January this year and had photos and x-rays taken. I was immediately given an overview of the suggested treatment and booked an appointment with the surgeon (I will be having surgery on my lower jaw). This was on 31st January. I was sent my treatment plan a few days later and then I pondered and pondered.

I decided to go through with the treatment and rang mid March and brace day was scheduled for 30th March, which would have been much sooner had I wanted. Yesterday I had my impressions done and was braced :)

bethanybroccoli

#22 Post by bethanybroccoli »

MY first time around I got my records done and spacers put in that same day. I came back a week later and got my braces put on.

Goofy

#23 Post by Goofy »

I had my initial consult in November, records / impressions done 21 December, then braced on 23 January - my ortho sent me the treatment plant / photos / contraindications etc., then I had to return the form to say I wanted to go ahead. So about 4.5 weeks between records and braces, including Christmas.

GillyWeed

#24 Post by GillyWeed »

I had my records appt on April 25th and was upper braced on May 9th (I req'd an extraction, otherwise it would have only been a week).
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

Acklay

#25 Post by Acklay »

After I went in for the consultation, I was scheduled to get spacers one week later.

One week after the spacers, they took pictures and impressions and put my top brackets on.
Braces Installed on 5/3/2012
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 Months+
Click here to read about my experience!

Felis

#26 Post by Felis »

Ridiculously quick; I didn't even know what hit me.

I had my first consultation, x-rays and impressions done on a Thursday morning. My ortho told me to come back later that evening to discuss what could be done. When I went back, we went through all my options and prices. I made the decision there and then to get it done and he put spacers where they were needed. The following Monday I had the braces fitted. Four days!

OldBikerBag

#27 Post by OldBikerBag »

About a month and a half. I hadn't been to a dentist in a long time, so I had to get that done first.

Uh...what's "banding?" All I got were brackets and an arch wire with a few little white beads on it.

Jerseygirl

#28 Post by Jerseygirl »

Two days. Impressions taken on a Tuesday. Xrays reviewed. Braced on that Thursday.

He was familiar with my case as I'd consulted with him four years prior. But I don't think he needed a lot of time to plan much - regardless.

He had my braces on, top and bottom in 30 minutes. Very fast.

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

Mylene

#29 Post by Mylene »

2 1/2 weeks total - three days after my first consult they put in spacers, then they had to wait 2 weeks for the spacers to make enough room to install braces.

Happy to answer any real estate questions - message me!

nikkibabie19

#30 Post by nikkibabie19 »

OldBikerBag wrote:About a month and a half. I hadn't been to a dentist in a long time, so I had to get that done first.

Uh...what's "banding?" All I got were brackets and an arch wire with a few little white beads on it.

Well banding as i understand it is where you get a metal band literally placed on your molars.

It is where the ends of the arch wire go. I guess it helps anchor the wire bcuz ur molars are supposed to be ur sturdiest teeth...

i have 6 bands...i need two more....(two on each molar upper left & right and lower left & right)

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]