Anni's Braces Story - Braces are off!!!! Pics Page 9!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flesh-was-sweet

#61 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Well I had my second adjustment today, it went really well!

I will say one thing..i'm dreading having these wee monsters removed!

2 of my brackets had to be repositioned since the impacted teeth are in the correct line now...and oh my goodness...removing them...agony!

With regards to the wire that I broke at new year, the ortho said that my personal judgement that the wire was fine once I pushed it back into place was correct and absolutely no damaged had been caused :)

I have a power chain from the back molar to the first bicuspid on the bottom row to finish rotating the annoying tooth - ow!

Apart from that...a pain free adjustment!

Though not pain free just afterwards!

The top row have moved a LOT since this afternoon, i'll post the pics here but i'm not sure if it looks like they've moved from the front...we'll see :)

Day 1:

Week 6/7

Week 16

todddutton

#62 Post by todddutton »

Your teeth are looking amazing. Keep up the good work. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

-Michael-

#63 Post by -Michael- »

Week 16 is looking awesome! Incredible progress.

Lov'n the pink too. Looking good! :)

-Michael-

flesh-was-sweet

#64 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks guys!

My rotated bicuspid is virtually in the right place now so woohoo!

Other than that my teeth are pretty straight..i'm wondering what on earth is going to happen with the extraction gaps because I still have quite a bit of space left to fill!

My next adjustment is April 12th...i'm thinking teal ligs!

:D

Anni

flesh-was-sweet

#65 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey Guys!

I had my 3rd adjustment yesterday (April 12th) and in one way it went really well and in another way it didn't go so well!

Great news - the top row are more than well on track, only some tiny gaps to fill at the back and one of the front teeth is still a bit skoooowiff but apart from that, they're virtually done they say!! They changed the wire and they'll leave it til June and then *possibly* give me a release date for the top row :shock:

Now for the not so good news...the bottom row :x

They changed the wire to one that I didn't even start on...it's so thin!!

The problems are all a result of the rotated bicuspid...it has moved lots...but it still isn't in place and until it is, there's not a lot they can do. So they basically gave me a really thin wire, and forced the tooth into sync so hopefully it'll move a bit more by June :)

My ortho said that normally they'd wait until both rows were at the same stage before moving onto the final stages, but at the rate things are going the top row had moved so much and the bottom row would hold them back for anything up to 6 months.

So yeah...full steam ahead and let's hope that the bottom row catch up soon!!!!

Here are the pics:

Day 1:

1 Month:

6 Months:

Hope you all had a great Easter!

Anni

flesh-was-sweet

#66 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks Karen and Ken!!

The rotated bicuspid is finally hurting so - it's moving woohoo!!

flesh-was-sweet

11 months

#67 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Well it has been 5 months since I last posted - can't believe how quickly time has flown!

Much has changed for me, I graduated from uni in July (with First Class Honours :shock: - which I was so shocked about!!) and I moved cities so that was a big task also!

I had an adjustment last week...I've been feeling a bit low about my braces lately, I'm feeling like things are moving backwards rather than forwards. I just had a look at the pics I took back in April and I think my teeth looked better then than they do now :( I also feel worse because my ortho says that tooth number 3 (on the right) is the worst eye tooth she has ever seen and she'll never be able to fix it...funnily enough I look at it and don't know what's wrong with it? I'm finding her negative comments are wearing me down a little bit.

The teeth on the top row just seem to be getting bigger and bigger...I don't know if that's even possible!

Anyway I'll let you guys see what you think :)

The photos are Day 1, 6months and 11months

Hope you are all well!

platinum

#68 Post by platinum »

Your teeth have moved a lot! Your uppers look really great!
Congrats for your graduation!

But, why your upper brackets are not in the middle of the tooth? They seem to be on the bottom part of the teeth.

flesh-was-sweet

#69 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

platinum wrote:Your teeth have moved a lot! Your uppers look really great!
Congrats for your graduation!

But, why your upper brackets are not in the middle of the tooth? They seem to be on the bottom part of the teeth.
Thanks Platinum!

I have no idea why my brackets are in that position haha!

Trust me to be different hehe :oops:

joney

#70 Post by joney »

Your teeth are looking great. I can't see anything wrong with your eye tooth so I can't imagine what your ortho means, it looks pretty normal to me, it is a strange thing for her to say.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

flesh-was-sweet

#71 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks KK and Joney :)

I have a normal dentist appointment (not my ortho) in November and I think she carries out ortho treatment also so I might ask her to have a look at that tooth and see what she thinks is wrong with it - I guess there's no harm in asking!

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

flesh-was-sweet

#72 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Today my friends, today, is a happy day!

My orthodontist is GONE!

And in her place is a very nice guy who talked me through my treatment, who is removing a tooth on my bottom arch to even the teeth out (this will add 12 months to my treatment but I don't mind because it's fixing the problem), who gave me new wires on both top and bottom arches and he was very very positive :)

I'll post pics tonight!

(also I have 3 powerchains!)

And also no mention of the worst tooth my last ortho had ever seen :)

flesh-was-sweet

#73 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Disaster struck 3 days after my last appointment :(

I noticed that my nance button was digging in to the roof of my mouth badly, my the next morning it was bleeing and swelling, I made a quick trip to the ortho to see what was wrong, they came to the conclusion that the power chains on the top row were far too tight.

The only thing they could do was take the power chains out and replace the square wire with a very thin round one just to hold the teeth in place and no more so that there is no pressure on the top arch. And now it had to stay like this for at least a month so that no damage is done to my mouth.

Already I can see the extraction gaps opening up again and I have a bit on a overbite :(

So yeah..that's my teeth messed up til December :(

joney

#74 Post by joney »

Sorry to hear that. Hope it doesn't delay your treatment too much.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

flesh-was-sweet

1 Year!

#75 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey guys!

Sorry about the delay but here are the pics of my 1 year anniversary!

The pictures on the left are day 1 and on the right 1 year :)

As you can see the bottom row need a bit more work but hey, I think they've moved a fair bit :D