Are these closing loops? (Pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wwdia

#16 Post by wwdia »

Ok I was wondering if you had any pics from before the gap was there??? I just had the 1st bicuspid on the right taken out and I am wondering how all this is going to work in the end. Esp. since he didn't remove one on the left side
Thanks
Diane

lelerz

#17 Post by lelerz »

wwdia wrote:Ok I was wondering if you had any pics from before the gap was there??? I just had the 1st bicuspid on the right taken out and I am wondering how all this is going to work in the end. Esp. since he didn't remove one on the left side
Thanks
Diane
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa14 ... ogress.jpg

If you look at my full progress shot, you will see that I did not have the gap there until the tooth was pulled back (in the photo, look to the top right side).

wwdia

#18 Post by wwdia »

Wow I swear that is just freakin amazing!!! I can't wait to see what my teeth look like in a couple months!!!
So of course now I'm wondering (in your case) are they moving your teeth from the right side over to the left? and if so will they file down the tooth in front of the gap to make it look like the one on the opposite side?
Did that make sence??? Sorry :oops:

lelerz

#19 Post by lelerz »

wwdia wrote:Wow I swear that is just freakin amazing!!! I can't wait to see what my teeth look like in a couple months!!!
So of course now I'm wondering (in your case) are they moving your teeth from the right side over to the left? and if so will they file down the tooth in front of the gap to make it look like the one on the opposite side?
Did that make sence??? Sorry :oops:
Sorry for the late response, but I was out of town.

The gap is slowly closing. I can actually see the gap getting smaller now! I don't really 'get' the science behind how he's doing it with these particular loops.. but by jolly, the gap is closing (oh so slowly but surely)! And that is making me one happy camper.

It looks like he is shifting the right side over to the left.. although my midline is still waaaaaay off.

I'm not sure about the filing though. Guess we'll see when I am at that point though.