Do your end wires pop out often?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tasha89

Do your end wires pop out often?

#1 Post by tasha89 »

I'm not sure if I am just being careless or my tooth are just moving but I find my end wires are constantly popping out. In some instances I am able to get them back into the tiny little hole but most often not they just stab the sides of my cheeks.

:(

Does this happen to you too?

tasha89

#2 Post by tasha89 »

and by tooth i mean teeth

macgirl4ever

#3 Post by macgirl4ever »

When I was wearing NiTi wires and I was closing gaps between my teeth, my wires seemed to pop out more than I would have liked or they would slip so that one end of the wire extended way past the tube.
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

Margie

#4 Post by Margie »

When I was on my first wire that happened to me all the time, but as I have changed wires I haven't had a problem.

drrick

#5 Post by drrick »

This is usually more of a problem with very light nickel titanium archwires. It can also occur more frequently if there is a missing tooth before the terminally bracketed tooth.

Tell your doc as there are some tricks -- for example, placing a small amount of adhesive on the end of the wire to keep it from coming back through the molar tube. BTW, that trick also works greeat if you have a lor of leveling to do and the end wires keep coming out and sticking you d/t tooth movement.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

haywire

#6 Post by haywire »

never so far
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

jambo532

once

#7 Post by jambo532 »

I did have my wire pop out into like a c shape. It was still in my brackets but it just like bent or something. I don't know how to explain it haha. I just pushed it back down and it was ok though.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

Kitagirl

#8 Post by Kitagirl »

My wires seem too far into the holes to pop out, which is good. A few times they've poked out the opposite end and that HURTS like needles...I found a tiny pair of snips that I use to clip them down myself. (I know its bad but I can't handle those wire ends!)
Age 35
Extractions May 2009
Ceramic uppers May 2009
Metal lowers approx November 2009
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=34506

http://www.cakesbysuzy.com
http://cakesbysuzy.blogspot.com

ChristyD

#9 Post by ChristyD »

I have had my braces for about a month and a half and just had an adjustment 4 days ago. Today I noticed that the wire wasn't all the way in just like Jambo said, kind of a c shape. I pushed on it and it popped right back into place. I was trying to figure out what I ate or did that made it come out :?

Blossom

#10 Post by Blossom »

Mine used to pop out all the time, to the point where I would go in and get it fixed and then the next day it was out again!

I made the mistake of just leaving it out until my next appointment - 6-8 weeks time and this meant that I could not get my wire changed because my back molar was no longer lined up with my other teeth.
So go get it fixed! Annoying but necessary!
[/url]

karencoutts

#11 Post by karencoutts »

Never had a wire pop out of a bracket. Like the other poster said, mine just end up going the opposite direction and poking me like a sharp needle.

karencoutts

#12 Post by karencoutts »

Correction: Never had a wire pop out of an END bracket. I've had wires pop out of other brackets.

TigerLily

#13 Post by TigerLily »

I had this a few times when I was in the lighter wires. Once or twice I got it in myself, the others I went to the ortho and once my dentist (who is at the same practice where my ortho works part time) did it.

My ortho told me it was a sign that I was eating too hard foods and that I should be careful as when I was in the harder wires they wouldn't pop out but it would put more strain on the bracket and that would pop off instead.

I ate a nut when I was travelling in South America and my bracket did indeed pop off and I had an emergency visit to a local dentist which was a nightmare so be careful!!

rachf221

#14 Post by rachf221 »

Yes this used to happen to me a lot. I've got two bottom teeth without brackets (so they can rotate and get more space etc.) and when I bite down with harder food it takes the wire out. I've become quite good at popping it back in again! Ortho never notices... :wink:

hanzie

#15 Post by hanzie »

ive had this happen for the second time now, the first time i went in and they reinserted it for me, they said if it happens again come in and they will clip the wire until i go to a heavy one.. well it just happened again, if i leave it out until my next appointment is this going to mess up my treatment??